March 31, 2014

That moment when you can't think of a good title.

Well, what can I say about this week? With the end of the month its been tough on miles so even though its been cold and rather windy we've been pushing through with our bikes and walking around. I remember being weary about how much gas I used back home but miles cause my head to spin a lot. But even though I'm still not a good biker and often find myself up to a quarter mile behind my companions, I'm still pushing forward. Just sometimes I have to get off and walk on the uphills.

This last District Meeting, me and my companions taught. We took some time on Tuesday night to read over the passages in Preach My Gospel that explained our topic and then decided where we wanted our class to end up at the end of our teaching. We decided activities we could do and movies to watch. Finally we decided on each one we wanted to use and the order. The next day we presented our lesson. It was interesting but overall I think we did well. It's not easy teaching like that with 3 people. Teaching investigators is easier.

My allergies have been getting a hold of me this past week. Usually its worse from 7:30pm till the next morning. Twice we've been talking to people and I've had to just turn my head away and have my companions finish our conversation so I could get out and cough because I would have a big dry spot that I can't get rid of with a few simple coughs into my hand. When we were tracting, I waited till we were behind the next patch of trees before allowing myself to lean over and hack and drink sips of water till it was gone. Attractive right? Last night I was coughing and had our investigator tease Sister Baker that she got me sick. Though I love the flowers and blooming trees, I could really do without the sinus and coughs.

We were lucky to do some service this week. We have an investigator moving to Louisiana (outside the mission *sad* ) and so we helped her plant some flowers in her front yard. I'm really going to miss her but she'll be living close to the Baton Rouge temple so she may be able to go there and feel the spirit. I was also able to help Sister Diamond brush her dog. Floyd (the dog) is a little chihuahua, but I was able to make a second puppy from all the hair I pulled off him and he was still shedding after that!

Mom I loved the package you sent. The shirts are great. As you can see by my pictures, I've already taken the liberty of wearing a few of them. I especially love the gray and orange v-neck. Where did you get it? Did they have more? The Ensigns and New Eras have been much appreciated by my companions and I. And was that scrap paper or lessons I should read through? Either way I've been glimpsing at one side before drawing on the back. I've been working on planners and it helps to sketch out ideas on scratch paper before pulling out the scissors and glue. Yes, please keep the old encyclopedias. Just put them in my room if you want them off that self. I love those books and am not ready to get rid of them yet. When I get home I'll go through and determine whether I really need them.

The women's broadcast on Saturday was amazing. The Spirit was so strong Sister Baker was crying the entire time. I hope you felt the spirit too. If you didn't have the chance to watch it, I highly suggest taking an hour and reviewing the messages taught.

General Conference is a great opportunity to hear from the prophet and receive revelation from the Lord. Just as Jeremiah told the children of Israel: "I have heard you; behold, I will pray unto the Lord your according to your words; and it shall come to pass, that whatsoever thing the Lord shall answer you, I will declare it unto you; I will keep nothing back from you" (Jeremiah 42:4). The revelation given to the prophet is meant for the people as a whole and the Lord will reveal to him our answers. May we all listen intently for our own answers of the heart.

I've completed a year! See you soon!

Love you all,
Sister Lara Stewart

PS. An investigator showed us the best Triscuits ever! Sweet Potato and Sea Salt made with brown rice. Yummy!

 Sister Baker and Sister Rosenauer sang "Color of the Wind" as we tracted. Sister Baker got animated.
 My little Pianists.
 One of my favorite houses. It's always decked out for the season/holiday. Right now it's pastel pinks and greens for Easter.
 Ready to tract (with Kent in the background).
Sister Tarbutton's goats had more babies. Twins in fact. This girl is so small she almost didn't make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment