First off, Mom, I love you. Your emails are so uplifting. Thank you.
Second, how about that. Skype worked! It was awesome to see my family (though a little blurry). The kids are getting super big and everyone else seems to be getting thinner. What's up? Tell me your secrets! The South is not the best place for a sister trying to lose weight, but maybe if I pray really hard all the fried chicken will turn into grilled chicken and the potato salad will become fruit. ...Ok I don't think I'll be having a miracle like that anytime soon, but it's nice to imagine.
This week has been tough because Tuesday Sister Ray woke up in pain, unable to move, and with a rapid heartbeat that started to worry Sister Eyre. We tried to call someone who could tell us what to do and finally got a hold of the new mission nurse who told us to go to ER. Did I mention that Tuesday was Sister Ray's 21st birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER RAY! So the doctor ran lots of tests and said it was nothing, probably just heartburn and discharged her. But as she sat up to get dressed, the pain came back full force and she turned very pale. Let's say the next minute didn't make the Bogalusa hospital look very good in my opinion but they checked her out again. Again the tests came back negative to anything being wrong. They had already discharged her so we were sent home with a loratab pain killer and said hopefully it would treat the symptoms.
Tuesday afternoon was fun because the loratab made Sister Ray really loopy. Needless to say Sister Eyre and I had fun watching and listening to her. Eventually she fell asleep. Her birthday wasn't exactly the best but it was memorable!
Also:
1. Sister Eyre ate a worm. We were at a less actives house for dinner and we were talking to her 13yr old son, Christen. I'm not sure how the conversation came to this but he dared Sister Eyre to eat a worm. She told him to go find a worm and she'd eat it. To everyone's chagrin, he came back with a big juicy worm! Well she couldn't go back on her word, so they cut the worm in half, stood next to each other for pictures, counted to three and tipped back. Christen chickened out on 3 but Sister Eyre did it. And made a new friend in the process.
2. Don't try to stuff 21 candles into a Hostess cupcake. The cupcake WILL fall apart.
3. We were at church on Wednesday for a meeting with our branch missionary leader and got to watch as the yard guy hit a rock with the weed eater that flung into the glass of the door and shattered each pane. It looked cool and no one was hurt, but the guy looked pretty embarrassed.
4. Yesterday for mother's day, 3 of the Primary kids sung in place of the rest hymn in Sacrament meeting. It was really funny because the mic failed, so you couldn't hear them mumble the words. So Sister Raines, their director, asked them to be louder. Finally Brother Raines, their accompanist, stopped playing and said "I'm sorry but you're going have to be just a little bit louder." That broke us all out into the laughter we were holding. It was so sweet and tender.
5. I got to talk in church. Since it was mother's day, I planned to talk about my mother and how she has taught me to be diligent and hardworking. If I had had more preparation time I think I would have made my whole talk based on this topic, but we were asked last minute so I found several stories I had saved from the Ensigns and shared those with a couple stories of my mother. I think it went well, at least no one told me to get out afterwards.
Each day there are lots of little things that are good to look for. In Moroni 7:12 It says "Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God." I know that this is true. What has God given you today?
I love y'all!
-Sister Lara Stewart
Christen and Sister Eyre and their worms.
Sister Eyre decorated the kitchen the night before for Sister Ray's B-Day, unfortunately we didn't get to use it that morning.
The Patient.
Thank you Pratt Family!
Cupcake fail.
Giant Giraffe Statue in Picayune, MS.
Shattered Glass.
My grass grew some dirt!
Wet but happy :)
Meet Trevor.
It's not to scale but essentially this is our house. It's actually not that weird. Just old.
We enter through the carport because we can't open the front door.
To the left is the study. I'm pretty much the only one that uses it though.
Through the hallway leads to 2 bedrooms on the left, Sister Ray's bathroom, and our bedroom. Sister Eyre and i share the bathroom in here. My bed in the blue one.
The left of the vanity is mine and the closet. It's handy for choosing outfits in the morning.
Back through the hallway is the kitchen. Yes, we have a mosaic floor.
Members give us extra food. We have lots of Farina, grits, and vegetable beans.
The kitchen leads into the Family Room where we spend most of our time when we aren't sleeping.
It's not at its cleanest but that's the Bogalusa house and occupants.
No comments:
Post a Comment