Well Hey there!
So its been an exciting week. Let's list the events:
1. Visited a Kingdom Hall (Jehovah Witness). While tracting on Wednesday we met 5 young girls that immediately showed us their missionary skills and we were invited to come to their bible study class Thursday. Finally given an invitation, we went. We were a little late due to a previous appointment but it was really neat to visit and see what the inside of another church is like. It was essentially what it sounds like, a hall. It was very simple in its decorations, just some flowers and a sign with a scripture. But it was also sad to see what their focus was, the sorrow of their doctrine, and the rarity of truth. Before we walked in, Sister Walker and I prayed to be shown the truth as it was spoken. We noticed that when something said wasn't truth, we would get distracted and start flipping through our scriptures or the little book we had been given. But when something was the truth of the Lord we would become alert and focused. Sadly, I read my scriptures a lot during the hour and a half we were there. But I learned just how true the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is.
2. They changed the code to the maintenance lock so we couldn't get a key to get in the church building so District Meeting was held at the nearby Brownlee Park. It was a little warm but not unbearable and it really brought our district together to focus more on the lesson and not on our circumstances. We discussed the simpleness of the Liahona and the testimony of everything around us. "All things Denote there is a God" (Watch Alma's experience: https://www.lds.org/media- library/video/2012-08-2257- all-things-denote-there-is-a- god?lang=eng )
3. We heard the funniest doorbell while tracting, and it was long enough to dance to.
4. Elder Jarret (one of our zone leaders) was just called to be Assistant to the President. That's 2 in a row from Shreveport Zone. I knew he would be called as one, it was all a matter of when.
5. We have a very wise and knowledgeable member in our ward and last night he taught Sister Walker and I some grand knowledge we never would have learned so easily on our own. It was amazing the understanding and faith building from our discussion. As we drove home, mind still blown, I realized how little I knew before and the last 18 months have been a build up to being able to comprehend the new things I learned. I testify that "line upon line, precept upon precept" (D&C 98:12) is truly the only way to know all the God can share with you, with faith and acceptance. I know that this gospel is true and I pray that everyone know it. Prepare for a mission, go to the temple, read and study and feast on the scriptures--the words of god. They will teach you all things (2 Nephi 32:3). In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Two weeks. Family, please prepare for (1) a Southern Kick, (2) a "Frozen"-athon, and (3) lots of hugs. I love yall.
"Your Sister" Stewart
Combined District Meeting at the park :)
Minden Church of Christ supports us. Too bad it's more like "leaving" the field.
Oh the things you can find in Minden.
At least they know who's knocking.
No comments:
Post a Comment