We live in a house, a nice brick one--I explored it before we came to the library. It's older, probably 70's, but it's sufficient. We have full car but the closest missionaries are 45 minutes away. That'll be new, I'm not used to being secluded from other sisters or elders.
My companions are Sister Ray and Sister Eyre (air), both from Utah. Each of them is having a birthday next month so Sister Ray will be 21 and Sister Eyre will be 20. Sister Ray has been out for one year, I served near her for a short time in Shreveport. Sister Eyre came out with Sister baker so she's been out 9 months. I know that this is going to be an interesting transfer but it will definitely be good.
It was hard to say good bye to Wesson, I didn't realize I had grown to love those people so much or that they had grown to love me. I was surprised by a couple of the reactions I got. But my excitement to see a new part of the country kept me joyful so they didn't see me cry. The tears didn't really come till this morning as I drove out of the trailer park. But I trust Sister Baker and Sister Rosenauer--and their new sister Sister Gift--will be able to do a good job. I definitely have to go back to visit.
Easter was good. We decorated eggs, ate lots of candy (thanks mom), wore Easter dresses. I wore my new shirt. We were invited over to a member's home for dinner and I got to act out the "bad guy" as we taught about saying no. Just as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego said no to worshiping the king's idols, we will be asked to do things that God has instructed not to do. The activity went over really well and will hopefully help those boys grow even stronger in the gospel.
The agenda of exciting things this week:
1. Finally had alligator. It was good! Tasted like chicken and fell apart like fish. A member fed us, as well as fed us squirrel and venison.
2. My tradition to hide 3 dozen eggs has not stopped, just been slightly altered. After my companions went to bed Saturday night, I stayed up to pack and took a moment to cut out and hid 32 eggs around the trailer. When they woke up, they were shocked to see my note since they were expecting me to hide the 9 eggs we had dyed the night before. I wasn't waking up early for that! Paper ones sufficed and they had fun with all the unique places I hid them.
3. With transfer calls, either President McDonough calls the Friday before to say someone is moving or the Assistants to the President calls to say that no one is moving. We weren't surprised with Friday morning, President McDonough's name popped up on the screen and then he asked to speak to me first. However when he said "You are going to Bogalusa--" we all freaked out. Poor man, I hope we didn't hurt his ears. First I started screaming then Sister Baker started screaming then she ran to the kitchen then Sister Roesnauer started screaming and ran after her and they followed each other around the living room for a while. I started to calm my scream into a laugh and explain to President that that was awesome. Sister Baker had come to Wesson after serving in Bogaulusa for 6 months. I had spent the 12 weeks hearing about it, now it's my turn to experience the "smelly" town of the south. (So far I haven't really noticed a smell. Maybe the paper mill isn't producing as much today.)
4. I got to see Sister Tebbs and Sister Cox and Sister McGrath today. Sister Cox will be leaving for home in 3 months so I'm sad I won't see her off. Sister McGrath is still an STL and has been moved to Monroe, LA. And Sister Tebbs is still in Purvis, I saw her at the Hattiesburg T-point where Sister Ray picked Sister Eyre and I up. The Lord has truly blessed me with such great companions.
It looks like these computers will accept my camera so I will try to send all of those missing pictures. There have been a lot. I love you and pray you are all save and well. I know I am.
Love,
Lucky Lara
While tracting, someone else had my bike. I was excited to tell them we had twins but they didn't answer.
That's a mighty big shoe--I mean flower pot.
We all decided to match today :)
Look Ma, no hands!
The neighborhood dogs. I call them Coon and Twiners (one and two).
Alligator!
Dying eggs.
Happy Easter!
Goodbye Calypso and goodbye driving... we shall meet again.
Goodbye Benny.
My favorite billboard on our way to Byram.
No comments:
Post a Comment